A fashion plate from 1875 showing styles of dress for a Christmas and New Year’s party.
HATS! Big vintage hat post. [Shhhh… I wasn’t supposed to take pictures…]
1. & 2. Circa 1868 bonnet in silk and satin.
3. Circa 1900 silk sunbonnet
4. Circa 1912 hat decoration in the style of a bird, made of feathers and velvet
5. circa 1915 velvet hat with ostrich plum decoration
6. & 7. circa 1955 pink dyed snakeskin hat with feathers
Ball Gown | c. 1861
I love the drama in Victorian clothes. Look at those colours and patterns.
Published in Dutch magazine “De Gracieuse” on April 1 1911.
Tu t’en repentiras, Colin.
George du Maurier, from Wives and daughters : an every-day story, by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell, London, 1866.
Walking Dress, Girl’s Jacket and Plastron; accessories from the August 1887 issue of Peterson’s Magazine